The purpose of this initiative is to distribute all unwanted and gently-used materials from designated corporations experiencing a relocation and/or renovation period to local low-income K-12 educational institutions in need.
As part of the Corporate Distribution Initiative, SHS recently partnered with Saint-Gobain to donate thousands of dollars’ worth of gently-used office supplies and furnishings to K-12 educational institutions, libraries, and start-up businesses in the Philadelphia area. So far, through this partnership, the supplies and furnishings that have been redistributed during the last several months has saved schools tens of thousands of dollars.
To date, the Corporate Distribution Initiative has saved schools hundreds of thousands of dollars through the redistribution of such materials.
The following firms are participating in the Corporate Distribution Initiative:
- Saint-Gobain: The world’s largest building materials company, Saint-Gobain has more than 265 locations across North America, with approximately 15,000 employees. In 2014, the company reported U.S. and Canadian sales of approximately $6.2 billion. As the global leader in sustainable habitat, the company’s materials and products are used to create and improve the places we interact with every day of our lives. Saint-Gobain is focused on developing and delivering the innovative solutions that help professionals and communities improve the quality of human life.
- TL Ventures: With over $1.5 billion under management, TL Ventures has been actively engaged in the business of venture capital since 1988, investing in over 200 companies. TL invests in companies led by outstanding management teams capable of building category-defining businesses in the software, information technology and business services sectors. TL assists early-stage companies with business and product strategy, recruiting, technology partnerships, business and channel development and financing.
- Shire Pharmaceutical: is a Irish-headquartered global specialty biopharmaceutical company. Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people affected by rare diseases and highly specialized conditions.
- Boomerang Liquidation: Boomerang is the East Coast’s pre-eminent specialist in high quality, pre-owned office furniture. Boomerang specializes in the full cycle of buying and selling office furniture.
- Trice Medical: was founded to fundamentally improve orthopedic diagnostics for the patient, physician, and payor by providing instant, eyes-on, answers. Trice has pioneered fully integrated camera-enabled technologies that provide a clinical solution that is optimized for the physicians office.
- National Philanthropic Trust (NPT): is a public charity dedicated to providing philanthropic expertise to donors, foundations and financial institutions, enabling them to realize their philanthropic aspirations. NPT was founded in 1996. Since that time, NPT has raised $5.9 billion in charitable contributions and currently manages $2.8 billion in charitable assets.
- ATD American: Privately held company, doing $50-100 million a year through selling designs, manufactures, and distributes furniture for offices, businesses, schools, churches, religious, local and state government and correctional facilities, in the United States and internationally.
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP): is one of the largest and oldest children’s hospitals in the world, and United States’ first hospital dedicated to the healthcare of children. CHOP has been ranked as the best children’s hospital in the United States.
- Morgan Lewis & Bokius: Founded in the 1800s in Philadelphia, ML now has more than 2000 legal professionals, providing services from locations around the world.
- Neuberger Berman: Founded in 1939, Neuberger Berman is a private, independent, employee-owned investment manager. The firm manages equities, fixed income, private equity and hedge fund portfolios for institutions and advisors worldwide.
Together, we can use the strength of business to solve the low-income educational crisis, ultimately redefining what it means to be successful.
Interested in joining the Corporate Distribution Initiative? Reach out to us at: [email protected]