The SHS Community Service Program’s goal is to help volunteers learn about the local social, economic and educational issues affecting low-income schools. Listed below is information regarding community service opportunities.
- Donation to Recipient: Volunteers meet at a low-income institution receiving a donation and help unload supplies.
- Pick-up from Donor: Volunteers meet at a donor school and help load the donated supplies onto moving trucks/vans
- Corporate Move-out: Volunteers meet at corporation disposing of unwanted supplies and furnishings and help the SHS Project Manager package and distribute supplies.
- K-12 school Clean-Up Campaign: Volunteers participate in clean-up initiatives and/or other physical improvement projects at low-income schools, such as painting murals, etc.
- Tutoring/Mentoring/College application assistance: Volunteers participate in SHS programs to provide tutoring, mentoring, help with the college application process, etc.
- Pro bono :Volunteers donate their professional skills to assist with SHS programs.
Interested in helping students?! Request more information: Bill@emailshs.org